Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
5A - Waterfalls and Paronella Park
Please note that Mungalli Creek Dairy will be closed 29 January to 10 March 2012. As a result we will be spending more time over lunch at Mungalli Falls & more time at Paronella Park.
- Included in price:
- Crater Lake Barrine and wildlife cruise Morning Devonshire Tea Twin Kauri pine Trees Giant Curtain Fig tree in rainforest Waterfalls Circuit - Millaa Millaa, Mungalli and Mena Creek Falls, Cheese Tasting at Mungalli Creek Bio Dynamic Dairy. Excellent 2 course restaurant lunch outdoors in gazebo beside Mungalli Falls World Heritage Rainforests Paronella Park Heritage Gardens - private, leisurely guided tour and free time - view museum, feed the fish and turtles Mena Creek Falls - old Hydro-Electric Generating Plant Afternoon Tea/coffee Small group, luxury air-conditioned coach Complimentary Cairns accommodation pick-up and return
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Disposable ponchos available for $2 each.
- What to bring:
- Casual Clothing Walking Shoes Swimwear Hat, umbrella Sunscreen We recommend 400ASA film & flash for rainforest photography
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Child rate 4-14 years. Children under 4 Free Of Charge if not occupying a seat.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
Palm Cove, Queensland
Cairns Beaches, Queensland
Trinity Beach, Queensland
Yorkeys Knob, Queensland
Clifton Beach, Queensland
Kewarra Beach, Queensland
Machans Beach, Queensland
Holloways Beach, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:30 AM Daily
8:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Pick Up times will be allocated to passengers by reservations at time of booking and will be based on the location of passengers accommodation. Pick-ups start from 7.30am for Cairns passengers (tour not available from Port Douglas). Tour returns approximately 6.30pm. Please be at designated pick-up point 5 minutes prior to pick-up time
- All day
- Tropical Horizons Tours
- Atherton Tablelands and Paronella Park
- Departs From
- Cairns, Palm Cove, Cairns Beaches, Trinity Beach, Yorkeys Knob, Clifton Beach, Kewarra Beach, Machans Beach and Holloways Beach
A spectacular scenic Tablelands tour viewing Lake Barrine, Curtain Fig Tree, Waterfalls Circuit, World Heritage Rainforests and Paronella Park and Wildlife. Tours departing Cairns' coast, our tour ascends the Lamb Range providing panoramic views of the Mulgrave River Valley from Heale's Lookout.
The high elevation rainforests of the Atherton and Southern Tablelands are vastly different to coastal rainforest surrounding Cairns and support a wide variety of wildlife, many species being unique to the Tablelands.
Enjoy freshly baked scones and morning Devonshire tea before boarding the first morning cruise on the calm waters of the extinct volcanic crater, Lake Barrine. Be the first cruise in the morning to view the Lake's abundant wildlife and marvel at the vibrant, old growth World Heritage listed rainforest surrounding Lake Barrine whose deep waters are filled by crystal clear rainwater. Back on land a short walk reveals the Twin Kauri Pine Trees - amongst Australia's largest trees, these 1000 year old forest giants are relics of the past.
Our next stop is Allumbah Pocket where we hope to catch a glimpse of the elusive platypus in its natural creek habitat. After a short journey our guide will escort you along boardwalks to the ancient Giant Curtain Fig Tree - an amazing accomplishment of nature! The surrounding forest is also home to the elusive and shy Lumholz Tree Kangaroos.
We then commence our tour of the Waterfalls Circuit . Each of the waterfalls is unique and is viewed from a different aspect. All waterfalls flow in abundance all year round!
Commencing with world-famous Millaa Millaa Falls (featured in many commercial television advertisements and films where a quick swim is possible) we then drive along quaint country farming roads and rich dairying pastures to Mungalli Creek Dairy which is North Queensland's only certified organic dairy farm producing biodynamic dairy products- enjoy a free cheese and yoghurt tasting.
Relax and enjoy the serenity whilst enjoying an excellent two course lunch, which is served outdoors in our private gazebo situated atop of Mungalli Falls, which are the Tableland's tallest falls.
Descending the range, you arrive at multi award wining Paronella Park where you will be escorted by the park's knowledgeable guide. Commencing with a private, leisurely tour of the National Trust listed Heritage gardens and castle ruins. There is free time to view the museum and the remains of North Queensland's first hydro-electric plant which Jose Paronella built on the beautiful Mena Creek - feed the fish and the turtles below the Falls.
Your tour concludes with a scenic drive home passing Mt Bellenden Ker and Mt Bartle Frere two of Queensland highest mountains
Our tours return to Cairns approx 6.30pm.