Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Exclusive ½ Day Rainforest 4WD Adventure
• Access to “exclusive permit” areas in Rainforest
• Travel in luxury late model, well-appointed vehicles
• Small group numbers offering unrivalled, friendly and personalised service
• Experienced and knowledgeable local driver guide
• Morning tea at a local coffee plantation
- Included in price:
- • Access to “exclusive permit” areas in Rainforest • Travel in luxury late model, well-appointed vehicles • Small group numbers offering unrivalled, friendly and personalised service • Experienced and knowledgeable local driver guide • Morning tea at a local coffee plantation
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Optional return from Kuranda by either the Skyrail (includes transfer to Cairns Hotel) or Scenic Train (make your own way from Cairns Railway Station)
- What to bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes, hat, camera
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- This tour is not suitable for children under 4
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
Cairns Beaches, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Departs: Cairns 7.00am / 1.00pm, Northern Beaches 6.30am /12.30pm
- Approximately 5 hours
- Approximate Return Time:
- Discovery Tours Australia
- Cairns, Mareeba, Lake Morris, Atherton Tablelands and Clohesy River
- Departs From
- Cairns and Cairns Beaches
Morning + Afternoon Departures Available
Jump on board our 4WD for this exclusive and spectacular visit to the Rainforest. This tour is ideal if you have limited time and want to escape the crowds and experience the true Tropical Rainforest of North Queensland.
After pick from your accommodation we ascend the Lamb Range to the west of Cairns where you can appreciate spectacular views over Cairns city and out toward Green Island.
Next we visit Lake Morris & Copperlode Dam – this is Cairns’ water supply and surrounded by rainforest-clad mountains, it’s a unique and outstanding location to visit. We’ll stretch our legs prior to crossing the dam wall where we begin our four-wheel drive journey.
Our exclusive access permit sees us visit areas not open to the public. Our track winds through rainforest and over mountains. We’ll stop to view ancient King Ferns before stopping at our Clohesy Boardwalk. Our driver will interpret the rainforest surrounds and introduce you to the giant strangler fig tree.
Travelling west and into the Tablelands ‘farming’ area, we’ll visit a working coffee plantation for a presentation, tour and morning tea/coffee. This area grows much of Australia’s coffee and there’s the opportunity to purchase local produce and souvenirs.
Our next stop is Kuranda Village; here we you will enjoy a short tour of the village or if you are taking the Skyrail or Train return option* you’ll have around two hours to browse Kuranda with its market stalls, shops and wildlife parks. Whist in the village you can visit the World Heritage Listed Barron Gorge National Park for more spectacular photo opportunities. The falls are impressive year-round at a depth of around 250m.
We then descend the McAlister Range east of Kuranda for views of rainforest and over the Northern Beaches of Cairns. Finally, we’ll drop you back to your accommodation.