Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Little Penguin Research Tour
- Included in price:
- Return transport from Melbourne to the Phillip Island Penguin Parade and ranger-guided tour.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Meals and drinks can be purchased at own expense, although time is limited. You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks but these will need to be consumed before the ranger tour starts.
- What to bring:
- Bring or wear warm waterproof clothing in any season. Bring a camera although no photography of the penguins is permitted.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- The Penguin Island tour is limited to children 12 years and above. Adult prices apply to all ages.
- Departure points:
- The Rendezvous Hotel 328 Flinders Street Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
2:00 PM Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- We depart from one central Melbourne location, The Rendezvous Hotel 328 Flinders Street. St Kilda pickups can be arranged. At the end of the day we will take you home to any city centre or St Kilda accommodation.
- Approximately 7 hours depending on the penguins arrival time.
- Approximate Return Time:
- 9pm to 10pm in winter, 11pm to midnight in summer.
- The Little Penguin Bus
- Melbourne and Phillip Island
- Departs From
- The Rendezvous Hotel 328 Flinders Street Melbourne
(Formerly the Penguin Island Tour)
Travel express to the Phillip Island Penguin Parade, join an eco-accredited wildlife ranger and a group of up to 10 people, plunge into the world of little penguin research and enjoy front row reserved seating at Penguins Plus. Discover how they satellite track penguins and where they go, how they record their diving depths and how they use research to help protect the penguins.
Visit the sites of the BBC documentary 'Penguin Island', filmed at the Penguin Parade in 2008. Your ranger will escort you to the site of the 'penguin cafe' where many male little penguins were caught on camera vying for the attention of their female neighbours.
Stop by the penguin weigh bridge that automatically records important data such as weight and penguin arrival and departure times. Call into the Skybox to spot some 'rafts' of penguins offshore waiting for sunset, then experience the parade of penguins from your reserved front row seats at Penguins Plus.
The tour group is limited to ten people 12 years and above.
Availability is EXTREMELY limited. Please check availability BEFORE you book, click on "Ask a Question" below.